Monday, July 16, 2012

Christmas in July,
what a challenge in the 100 degree heat here in NM!
I used the basic Pink, black, white and added green for my colors.

    For this card I tried something different.  A flower made out of feathers - Pink feathers.

     First I rounded the feathers to look more like a flower.  Then placed onto the card front with a Zots dot adhesive Jumbo forming a circle.  Next I added a Zots 3-D and added another round of cut feathers (3).  Last added the white pearl button.
     Tip:  cut feathers in a large bag to keep the  mess under some control.
I cut the tag with Cricut Close to my Heart Art Philosophy cartridge using <rctngle7>
and decorative layer in 1 1/2".  Hope this gives you an idea of something different to do.
 I hope you enjoy my project and don't forget to enter your own projects into the challenges on the Just A Scrappin' Blog


4 comments:

  1. I have never thougt to use feathers on a card. You go girl! I will have to try that idea.
    Marye Bird
    passionatlycrafty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute card and i love the use of the feathers!


    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice touch with the pink feathers, Sherry. I like your twist on a festive Christmas.

    ReplyDelete