Thursday, July 31, 2014

Have a happy scrapping day.  May I inspire you to create something wonderful.  Just-A-Scrappin' July 31,2014 Challenge is using the color Silver to create notations. Make a cards, layouts, 3D projects or altered art.  All embellishments,  paper and card stock is from my stash so I do not have all the names of the companies.


1. Handmade Ric-rac Flowers: Materials used Wrights metallic Silver 1/4" Wide Ric-Rac, Needle and Thread.
To make the flower, lay out about 12" of the silver ric-rac.  Using needle and thread, sew a running stitch through the ric-rac.  Pull on thread until ric-rac bunches up.  Pinch the bunch into a circle so that the bumps look like flower petals, and sew into place.
2. I'm using 7gypsies Hanging Book album in clear acrylic for myself. I cut a dress from silver and gray paper and adhered with Tombow permanent adhesive.
3.  Using Glue Dots I placed the handmade flowers, the silver Ric-Rac, and needle to the page.
4.  Added 7gypsies Elements in black and the black ribbon.
5. Added the background by covering the back of the clear acrylic page.
I plan on working on this a little while and doing both side so I have 2 albums that tell different things about me.  Please join us for our Just-A-Scrappin' challenge.   Sherry

1 comment:

  1. I have some of that ric rac and haven't had any idea what to do with it. Thank you for the inspiration. <3Kimberly

    ReplyDelete