Friday, June 6, 2014

May Art Ribbon Design Team Call.  I have 3 projects here for the call.

First I have the Paper Crafts Official Gallery Idol Challenge the theme is washi tape or cloth tape!
1. I selected a A7 card base and covered it in 5 different strips of cloth tape. 
2. Next I made a flower by sewing  one side of the ribbon with a straight stitch and pulling it tight until I had the shape I wanted.  Tied the ends of the thread together to hold.
3. I used a large Glue Dots to adhere the flower onto the card.
4.  I ran another ribbon thru the Oxyron 510 sticker maker and drew 2 parts of a butterfly by hand onto the ribbon.  Next I cut out and placed the lower wing onto the card base.  Last I cut out the top wing and squeeze the middle.  I took extra care to place the middle and end of the top wing to the card.
5.  Last I added the center of the flower and the wire feelers for the butterfly from my scraps.

My second project is a summer wreath.
1.  Starting with a wire base I wrapped purple netting ribbon around and thru the wreath.
2.  Using Hobby Lobby poke-dot ribbon I wrapped it over the wreath and leaving some of the purple showing.
3.  Next I used a string of pearls around the wreath.
4. With May Art ribbon I made the flowers by sewing one side of the ribbon with a straight stitch and pulling it tight until I had the shape I wanted.  Tied the ends of the thread together to hold.  With thin wire I added the flowers to the wreath.
5. For the butterflies I used  Cricut Cartridge Art Philosophy <Bttrfly2> and Layer <Bttrfly2> to cut the gold and patterned card stock then layered and with Elmer's glue spots I adhered the butterfly to the wreath.

My last project is a card for my Grand Daughter.
1.  I started with a A7 card base.  And using gold and purple because it her collage colors.
2.  From my stash I found the t-shirt hand cut die-cut that I added a purple ribbon to then adhered it to the base with Tombow tape runner. 
3.  Also from my stash I found the embellishment for Graduation.  With gold letters I put on Happy and 2014.
4.  Again I made a flower.  This time I used a wire edged ribbon and pulled one side into the shape I could use, tied the ends of the wire together to hold.  With Elmer's glue spots I adhered the flower to the card.

5.  Inside I cut a 2 1/2 inch ribbon to form a pocket.  Adhered both sides and bottom with Tombow adhesive and placed it on the bottom edge.  The pocket could hold a check, cash or like mine a note for the grad.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed the projects.  Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment